Success Stories of NYK Thoubal Combating Covid-19
Updated: Jul 8
1. Manning of Control Room & Delivery of Essential Items to Home-Quarantined Families
As part of the District Administration’s Control Room, Nehru Yuva Kendra Thoubal Volunteers (NYVs+NDRF Trained Volunteers) were deployed in the control room of Thoubal district to take calls and orders for home delivery of essential food and medicine items for Thoubal Block and Wangjing-Tentha Block, after which these volunteers with the aid of vehicles provided by the District Administration delivered the essentials to the home of the quarantined families. For facilitating movement during the lockdown, the volunteers were issued Curfew Passes by the District Administration and were also provided t-shirts with the tag: COVID-19 CHALLENGERS.
Manning of Control Room by NYK Thoubal Volunteers.
No. of Youth Volunteers participated: 20
No. of people benefited from the Activity: 500+
Coverage: No. of Villages: 30+
Coordinating District Administration.
2. Helping Police to maintain social distance at markets
When Markets were opened with restricted conditions on the eve of Easter Sunday & Cheiraoba (Manipuri New Year Day), NYK Volunteers & NDRF Trained Volunteers were deployed at multiple markets near their respective localities to help police in maintaining social distancing amongst the shoppers.
No. of Youth Volunteers participated: 40
No. of people benefited from the Activity: 1000+
Coverage: No. of Villages: 100+
Coordinating District Administration & Police
3. Assisting in Distribution of PMGKAY Rations
As desired by the District Administration, Nehru Yuva Kendra Thoubal Volunteers (NYVs+NDRF Trained Volunteers), also named ‘Covid Challengers’ by the District Administration, have so far been deployed in over 30 locations of Thoubal district to assist in maintaining social distancing and distribution of rations under PMGKAY as well as under Local Area Development Fund of MLAs. The volunteers were also instructed by NYK Thoubal to help out as and when the distribution of rations take place in their localities even if not prompted by the District Admin.
No. of Youth Volunteers participated: 90
No. of people benefited from the activity: 1500+
Coverage: No. of Villages: 50+
Coordinating District Administration & Local MLAs
A few pictures of the activities of NYK Thoubal Volunteers.
4. Activities of Task Force Anti Covid-19
Task Force Anti COVID -19, Khangabok, Thoubal, Manipur is a purely voluntary organisation constituted by all Youth Clubs/ Associations/ Organizations, local intellectuals and local Bodies (Panchayat Pradhan Khangabok Part-I, II &III and Zilla Parishad member) of Khangabok village to fight the outbreak of Pandemic COVID-19 in Khangabok village. The Task Force has worked closely with the District Administration and NYK Thoubal in particular for generating awareness and various other activities to help fight the Covid-19 pandemic.
1. Presentation of Hand Sanitizers to the Superintendent of Police, Thoubal.
Presentation of food items including rice, salt, mustard oil, dal, etc. to stranded family members from Assam and Nagaland.
Presentation of hand sanitizers to the grocery shops in Khangabok Village, Thoubal.
Vaccination program of domestic animals in Khangabok Village.
Encouragement of skill labours during the lockdown period.
Supplying drinking water to the public.
Presentation of hand sanitizers to the Deputy Commissioner, Thoubal
1. Task Force has been actively participating in sanitising, distribution of essential commodities like rice, sugar, vegetable oils, potatoes, dals, etc. to the public of Khangabok village at reasonable prices during the lockdown for containment of spread COVID-19 in Khangabok village in collaboration with NYK Thoubal volunteers.
2. Task Force issued essential food items to the poorest of the poor families in the village at free of cost.
3. Task Force helped provide food items to the stranded 20 (twenty) family members from Nagaland and Assam who are staying in our village in co-operation with Deputy Commissioner, Thoubal.
4. Task Force distributed hand sanitizers and masks to the grocery shops in the village at free of cost with NYK Thoubal volunteers. hand sanitizers were also presented to the Deputy Commissioner, Thoubal and S.P Thoubal.
5. Task Force has been actively participating to control public gathering with the help of the Police Department, Thoubal District.
6. Task Force organised vaccination program of domestic animals in the village in co-operation with District Veterinary office, Thoubal.
7. Task Force jointly organised Voluntary Blood Donation camp in association with Association for Voluntary Blood Donors (AVBD), Thoubal Branch, District Administration Thoubal, Police Dept. Thoubal, NYK Thoubal and District Hospital, Khangabok Thoubal, Department of Transfusion Medicine, RIMS, Lamphelpat Imphal and Blood Bank & Transfusion Unit, JNIMS, Porompat Imphal at Thoubal District Hospital, Khangabok Thoubal/ in a phased manner from 20 April 2020 to 30 April 2020. Many NDRF trained NYK Thoubal volunteers also gave blood donations during this camp.
8. Task Force organised an awareness campaign to the general public in the Khangabok village to contain the outbreak of pandemic COVID-19.
9. Task Force is extending maximum co-operation to open Quarantine Centre/ Centres in the village.
10. Task Force is ready to support in all activities of Government of Manipur to contain the spread of Pandemic COVID-19 in the state.
11. Task Force is encouraging skill labours in Khangabok village by supplying raw materials to the skill labours during the lockdown period and also supplied Diesel oil to the farmers at reasonable prices.
12. Task Force is supplying Drinking water to the public.
13. Task Force has assisted NYK Thoubal in maintaining social distancing at Thoubal & Khangabok markets as desired by District Magistrate/DC, Thoubal.
14. Task Force is extending co-operation to the Government of Manipur and Thoubal to return the stranded Manipuris from other states of India by organising sensitization of the localities and spreading awareness about the dos and don’ts of Quarantine and its various forms.
Supplying of Diesel oil to farmers at reasonable prices.
Distribution of food items (rice, vegetables etc) to the public.
Organising Voluntary Blood Donation Camp.
NDRF Trained NYK Volunteers giving blood at the blood donation camp.
NYK Thoubal District Youth Co-ordinator handing over a certificate to a blood donor on the closing day of the 11 Days Voluntary Blood donation camp organised by Task Force Anti COVID-19.
Submitted by: Michael Thangminlien Mate,
District Youth Co-ordinator, Thoubal